LinkedIn is rolling out a new swipe-up feature to add a swipe-up link to your stories. It is very similar to Instagram Swipe up feature.
LinkedIn doesn’t allow anyone to add a swipe-up link to their stories. They have defined some specific criteria for it.
Though the Swipe-up feature is available for all the company pages on LinkedIn but not with personal accounts.
The personal accounts that fall into very specific criteria, the new feature allows them to add any link to their choice.
How to Use the Swipe-Up Feature on LinkedIn Stories
Here is the breaking news from my story shared this morning pointing out the new feature. You must try this and add a swipe-up link to get the most out of it.
How to Add Swipe-Up Links on LinkedIn Stories
- Create an amazing LinkedIn story by adding Photos or Videos. (Pro tip: Use Canva to create stories within a minute with predefined templates)
- Tap on the Link icon from the top right corner of your screen.
- Add destination URL under “Add Link“
- Click on “DONE“
- Let people know to swipe up by adding appropriate Call To Action sticker or text
- Click on “Share story” and BOOM!!
Make sure your destination URL is correct and working. Here are some ideas which you can add to your LinkedIn story.
- Add profile link to your story
- Add LinkedIn to your LinkedIn Post
- Add link to your LinkedIn Article
- Add link to your external blog article
- Add link to your landing page
- Add link to your website
Now you must be wondering what would be the eligibility criteria. Is it available for me?
I am sure most of you are already eligible to use this new Swipe-Up feature.
It is available for all LinkedIn Pages without any condition. So you don’t have to worry about Pages.
For personal accounts, there are some eligibility criteria to get access to this feature. It is available for you if you meet following criteria:
- You should have at least 5000 Connections or Followers
- You should have a Follow button as primary action button on your profile (instead Connect button)
How to Leverage LinkedIn Stories Swipe-Up Feature ?
The LinkedIn stories swipe-up feature is really awesome feature for you especially if you are selling something! There are many ways you can leverage this feature for your own benefit.
Here is the list of how you can leverage the swipe-up feature and make the best out of it.
- Drive Traffic to your LinkedIn Profile or Company Page
- Increase views/engagement on your LinkedIn post/article
- Drive traffic to any blog article
- Drive traffic to your landing page
- Promote your products or services
Stories are available only for the next 24 hours since you upload them on LinkedIn. You make sure to check story insights before it gets disappear.